Federal Money Laundering Attorneys
Accusations of money laundering can devastate a business professional's reputation or even diminish the professional standing of a corporation. Therefore, when facing allegations or charges for money laundering, it is essential to consult a defense lawyer who will commit the necessary resources to providing the most zealous defense representation possible.
At the criminal defense law office of Khalaf & Khalaf, in Pasadena, California, we provide aggressive and meticulous representation to clients facing felony charges for money laundering. Contact Khalaf & Khalaf to schedule a consultation with federal defense lawyer Mark Khalaf.
Under federal law, all payments, gifts or other cash accepted in excess of $10,000 must be reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax purposes. The Money Laundering Control Act of 1986 makes it a federal crime to structure funds in a manner which deceives the federal government. Examples of money laundering (or "smurfing") include:
- Concealing funds derived from illegal activity (such as drug trafficking)
- Accepting funds/payment (in excess of $10,000) without reporting to the IRS
- Structuring funds in a manner to avoid the $10,000 reporting requirement
Minimize Criminal Penalties and Asset Forfeiture
Money laundering is a serious offense with extremely severe penalties. In addition to facing criminal penalties such as incarceration, individuals convicted of money laundering will likely face asset forfeiture for any funds considered to be illegally laundered funds. In addition, any personal property believed to be purchased from the cash from an illegal enterprise, such as money laundering, may be seized by the government.
Pasadena criminal defense attorney Mark Khalaf uses his prosecution and law enforcement background to leverage a strong defense for his clients. He understands federal money laundering laws. He has the perseverance to analyze the evidence against clients from a defense perspective, pulling apart the prosecution's weaknesses. He is prepared to provide clients with the most aggressive defense representation necessary to obtain the best result possible.
Don't let federal money laundering charges jeopardize your reputation. Khalaf & Khalaf can provide the zealous federal defense representation that is necessary. Contact Khalaf & Khalaf to schedule a consultation with attorney Mark Khalaf.
Latest blog posts
- Bill Would Lower Drug Possession Penalties in California 30-Apr-2012
- Warrantless Cell Phone Tracking Widespread among Law Enforcement Agencies 11-Apr-2012
- Does a California Sex Offender Have To Register in Another State? 06-Apr-2012
- Proposed California Bill Would Make Teacher-Student Romantic Relationship a Crime 30-Mar-2012
- Ignition Interlock Laws Lead to Fewer DUI Accidents 08-Mar-2012